Social Responsibility Policy
The management and staff of Wild Poppies have a responsibility to provide an environment where alcohol is sold responsibly. Because of this, we have implemented the following Social Host Responsibility policy.
- We are committed to encouraging the responsible sale and supply of alcohol.
- It is against the law to serve anyone who is intoxicated. Intoxicated persons will be asked to leave the premises.
- It is against the law to serve alcohol to minors. If we are in doubt about your age, we will ask for identification
- We operate an ID25 programme.
If you look 25 years of age or under, you will be asked to produce one of the following:
– A current New Zealand or overseas passport
– A current New Zealand driver’s licence
– A Kiwi Access Card
– A Hospitality NZ 18+ Card
- We cannot sell alcohol to an adult who intends to supply a minor unless they are their parent or legal guardian.
- We cannot sell alcohol to people in school uniform, regardless of proof of age.
- Alcohol will only be promoted and sold in a responsible manner.
- Our policy is zero tolerance for aggressive, coercive or violent behaviour. Customers behaving in a disorderly manner will be asked to leave the premises.
- We maintain a training and management policy to give our staff the skills and support they need to do their job responsibly.
- We pride ourselves on being socially responsible hosts